Self-confidence is requirement to success and happiness. In the area of self-promotion, success or failure can become a self-fulfilling prophecy.
Self-confidence will help increase your effectiveness through the idea of positive reinforcement. Remember doubts compromise your effectiveness and self-doubt makes it unlikely that you can effectively market yourself. You need to commit yourself wholeheartedly to the product – and that is YOU.
Why is Self-confidence so important?
Self-confidence allows you to bounce back from failures. According to J. Davidson, Positive Self-Esteem provides a reservoir of inner strength – a constant that is not dependable on others and ever changing situations.
A Self-confident person is a “Can-DO” person who invariably comes across as attractive to others. People want to surround themselves with winners. Thus, a Self-confidence person is an ATTRACTIVE PERSON too.
Tips to Build Self-confidence
CONTROL YOUR EXPECTATION
- Make the best of what you can do, do not procrastinate or delay if you can do it NOW!
- Do not over-promise yourself. Sometimes we make high commitments and fall into our own traps.
UNDERSTAND YOUR STRENGTHS
- We must understand that everyone has weaknesses. Do your best, use your strengths. If you are unsure of your strengths; ask someone.
NURTURE YOUR INNER CHILD
- Do not just impress others, what about yourself? Remember to take care of yourself too. Praise yourself and you will feel great! Invest more time doing activities that you enjoy that will make you happy and feel satisfied. When you feel satisfied, your self-confidence level will be enhanced and you will continue to do more to achieve your goals.
CELEBRATE YOUR WINS
- Whenever you achieve some results, celebrate! Do not wait until the whole completion as some projects may take a few weeks or months. Split your project into smaller goals, every time you achieve something, JUST CELERBATE! Enjoy all your successes.
MISTAKES? NO PROBLEM
- Learn from your mistakes and move on. Do not let a small mistake make you down and fear you. Mistakes are stepping stones that give higher vantage point for greater knowledge and wisdom
SPEAK WITH CONFIDENCE
- Speak using positive words, say, “I will”, “I must”, “I am ready.” You are all ready to GO!
- Have you heard of the “Appearance of Success?” Remember that you have to look confident no matter what. Do not let your ‘fear’ controls you; because when you look confident, people will pay attention to you. It’s fun!
MASTER THE ART OF CONVERSATION
- Smile. Talk to new people (practice, practice, practice)! Encourage people to speak out and contribute. Thank them all the time for their good words. When you confident level is up, you can talk to almost anyone.
Alternatively, you can always practice to boost up your self-confidence. When your self-confidence is enhanced, you will feel good. Do not feel afraid of how other people would look at you; just let it flow naturally. Re-look at this article and check which area that you are lack of from time to time.